Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Learnin' me a book at skool

My classes are starting up; my apologies for the few-day break in posting. I at least managed to pester a few people on comments sections. If I learn anything interesting, I'll be sure to tell you folks.

Now that I have a library again, I'll be able to check out interesting stuff which I have been unable to find online. One such book is Jeffrey's The Logic of Decision. As this is a modern classic in Bayesian philosophy, I hope to have a commonplaces post up soon. To prevent my subjective Bayesianism from being lazy, I am also reading Jaynes' Probability Theory: The Logic of Science. I plan on comparing and contrasting these - and possibly Howson and Urbach's Scientific Reasoning: The Bayesian Approach - assuming time constraints from classes allow me. I'm taking a combinatorics [fancy word for counting stuff] course this semester, so doubtless I'll want to bore you about it.

So much to read, so little life!

On more blog-centric matters, I'm declaring the OTF dead. It has been without a pulse for some time, and its corpse is festering. Nothing but vague effluvia comes hence, so it is time to retire the body. It is Zossima, sans the grace and expectations. If you disagree, you should know where to look. I'll be surprised if anyone even attempts an adequate defense, much less a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment